Sunday 25 May 2014

And the Eagle has Landed....

Spring is here! spring is finally here! its been weeks and months of sub ten degree temperatures and nothing but rain (sometimes snow!) and dark skies lately but finally in late May we get to have beautiful beautiful sunshine. Along with beautiful weather and warm temperatures comes patio season!

On this sunny weekend in May I decided to sit on a patio and have weekend brunch with my favourite dining companion at "Hunter's Landing" in City Place. "Hunter's Landing" is situated right in between the many condos in the area and has a massive unobstructed patio with lots of sunshine. Their patio offers a nice relaxing atmosphere where I was able to just sit back and soak up the rays with a cocktail in one hand.

If this is your first visit to "Hunter's Landing" for brunch I would highly recommend you to order their monstrosity of a caesar, "Landing's Cure".



This giant mug of all things great comes in a stein and pretty much has every animal from the animal kingdom on a stick! Theres assorted house pickled veggies, a lobster tail, thick cut bacon, sausage, and even a slice of pizza on a stick! The caesar was little light on vodka for me but I think it was because of the large of amount of Clamato that was poured into the stein. The caesar overall had a nice flavour and I really liked the touch of horse radish. It is difficult for me to call this a cocktail since this was more a meal in a glass.

For the non-liquid portion of my meal I decided the to have the pulled pork eggs Benedict.



This was a very filling dish especially when I accompanied it with their signature caesar. The pulled pork was moist and tender and paired up very nicely with the poached egg. The only complaint I have was that the pulled pork contained large amounts of fat that are usually discarded but somehow found its way to my plate.


My dining companion ordered the ahi-tuna Sandwich on a multigrain croissant.



The ahi Tuna was nicely prepared to a medium rare and had a nice little kick of spice from the chilli peppers. The choice of using a multigrain croissant was a little odd for me. the croissant was a little denser then your normal croissant and wasn't as flaky as its regular counter part. I think if they served the ahi-tuna again on a regular croissant it would definitely taste much better.

This was a very enjoyable weekend brunch on a nice patio which makes me want to come back again. There  are still a few items on their brunch menu that I would like to come back and try and I might even challenge that monster caesar once again.

For More Information:
Hunter's Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment