Wednesday 17 October 2012

Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

On my weekend away from work I decided to visit one of Toronto's newest bars, Bar Hop.  Some might look down on bar food but I often find that you can find a lot hidden gems if you just gave them a chance and I think Bar Hop is a prime example. Bar Hop has a massive selection of craft beers on draft (24 to be exact) and a rotating cask so everyone is bound to find something they will like.

The bar is decorated very simply and has a lot vintage touches around the bar. The space is actually much larger when you walk into the bar then most people would expect it to be. The tables are spaced out and even on days when the bar is completely full you will still feel comfortable and be able to have a conversation with the person sitting across from you.

The food Selection at Bar Hop is about one fifth of the size of the beer menu, which is a good thing for me :P.

Portobello Mushroom Risotto Balls

To start my dining experience I decided to grab myself an order of portobello mushroom risotto balls. These tasty morsels came to my table piping hot and I couldn't wait to dig in. Unfortunately this was a little disappointing, I found the rice inside tasty but the outside was over fried. This is may be my personal preference but the sauce that came with the dish had too much cheese and didn't really taste like a tomato sauce any more.

Chipotle Mussels in Coconut Broth

The mussels at Bar Hop are really interesting because they come in a variety of flavours other then just white wine sauce or a tomato sauce. The mussels came in such flavours as lager & jerk mussels, green curry and thai sauce. My weapon of choice this time was chipotle mussels in coconut broth. The mussels were not very big but had big time flavour. They were spicy, tangy and the broth was a wonder to dip my bread in. I also added a basket of tasty tasty shoe string fries. The fries were very crispy and some of the best fries i've had in Toronto.

I had a great time at Bar Hop on my first visit, which warranted a consecutive visit over the weekend.  Bar Hop has a great selection of beer and a nice atmosphere, which makes this a great place for me to want to come back to. Even better there are beer specials and food specials during the week.

For More Information:
Bar Hop


No comments:

Post a Comment